2

On the News...at least the Flipped Part

Posted by Unknown on Monday, November 12, 2012
So my Google Teacher Academy friend was kind enough to ask my advice about his podcast. I am always willing to give advice which may be my fatal flaw. In the end, he decided that including segments in the podcast would liven it up and create more of a complete show. Therefore, I am now producing weekly news items for the Flipped Learning Network's Podcast.

It starts with the basic twitter feeds from the week. I filter and scan everything that has been tweeted in a week and go over as many of the interesting blog posts, ideas and web tools that relate as I can. Funny that I usually can find so much just using Twitter that is newsworthy but tweets are not my only sources. I also use the Google search features to limit the time frame and sort by news events. This usually produces the local news items that occur within a community. I have located several teacher features that cover the flip classroom as a new concept. Finally, I check Google plus for any good info about upcoming events. That seems to be the place to find webinars, conferences, and any workshops other than the flippedlearning.org.

I write a vague script because I want to be able to talk rather than read. Some of the articles or websites I base on personal experience. For example, when I discussed the app CoachesEye, I used for a full weekend at my son's sports events. I loaded it on my iPhone and tried various uses. Unfortunately, I don't have a class of students any longer to try out these tools on but based on previous years experience, I have a good eye for useful classroom tools.

Is this is a lasting gig? I highly doubt it.  Even the pundits on Flipped are trying to remove the term and merge it with just good teaching methodology that is already proven. I can't believe they will want a Good Teaching News segment anywhere. That is what we attempt to do at the local school every day. However, I am creating a large scale Flipped PD for my large school district and hope that the making of content there will be far reaching and a long term gig.

|

2 Comments


My husband and i felt [url=http://www.longchampsacspliagefr.com]sac longchamp pliage pas cher[/url] absolutely

ecstatic when Louis managed to finish up his research with the ideas he

made in

your web page. sac longchamp pliage pas cher ,It's not at all

simplistic to just find yourself making a gift of tips and tricks that

many most people might have been making money from. And we all acknowledge

we now have the blog owner to appreciate

because of that. The most important explanations you made, the easy [url=http://www.longchampsacspliagefr.com]longchamp pas cher[/url] site navigation, the

friendships [url=http://www.longchampsacspliagefr.com]sac longchamp[/url] you will give

support to

foster - it's everything



spectacular, and it

is aiding our son in

addition to our family consider that this situation is pleasurable, which is rather indispensable. Many thanks for all!


Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

Copyright © 2009 DigiTeacher in Draft All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.